There are mixed reviews when it comes to Audible. Before we dive into the Audible review let me explain what Audible is and how it works. Do you love to read or wish you had more time to read? Audible is a subscription that Amazon offers where you can enjoy a large variety of audiobooks with over 500,000 titles. Audible also includes a wide range of content besides books it also includes podcasts, guided wellness, and audible originals. It sets the standard for all audiobook apps.
I am writing this Audible review as someone who actively uses it and has for many years. It has given me the ability to re-read and discover so many books that I would never find no matter how many hours I spent in the bookstores. I will admit I never listened to an audiobook before Audible and became instantly addicted to it. Although I am a huge advocate of reading books as a busy working mom I do not have much time to do so which is where Audible comes in.
Audible Review: How It Works
- Audible is a subscription service with five basic membership plans. All plans come with a 30 day FREE trial.
- Audible Plus $7.95/month: listen all you want to thousands of included titles in the Plus Catalog.
Audible Premium Plus $14.95/month: includes the Plus Catalog + 1 credit per month for any premium selection title.
Audible Premium Plus Annual $149.50/year: includes the Plus Catalog + 12 credits a year for any premium selection titles.
- Each credit is worth one title from an extended selection of best sellers and new releases. Once the credits for the month or year are used, you can still get titles at a 30% discount for members.
- Audible titles can be listened to through their app, which is compatible with iOS, Android
You are in for quite the treat right now. For the Holiday season Audible is offering 4 months for $5.95 a month this deal ends December 31, 2022. If that doesn’t suit your fancy you can do there 30 day FREE trial.
Audible Review: Is it worth it?
- Audible has 500,000+ audiobooks in its library, which is the biggest of any audiobook subscription service.
- They have an amazing refund policy making it get your credits back.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time without any hassle.
- One of my favorite things about Audible that many of the authors narrate their own books giving you an experience like no other.
- The sound quality is amazing because they have strict standards when it comes to audio.
- Speed of the narrator can be adjusted
- Sleep timer just in case you want to nod off while listening.
- Reviews upon reviews so you can see what others thought of the book.
- If you are unsure about a book you have the option listen to a sample before using a credit on it.
- NO ADS! Audible doesn’t have ads.
- Badges and stats that make listening to books a little more fun. It logs how much time you read and awards you badges for your progress.
Is it worth it? Well I will leave that for you to decide. It is worth trying especially since they have a 30 day free. Personally I love it, I get to read books more often, discovered some great podcasts and get to listen to exclusive audible originals. This app has opened me up to so many books that I would of never discovered in a library or a book store. What is your favorite genre to read? Do you have a favorite book? Leave me a comment below and share your all time favorite book and genre.
This Audible review is based on my opinion and my experience with using it.